What if I Experience Upset After My Abortion?
- Allow yourself to express grief and sadness.
- Don’t be hard on yourself. Talk to yourself in a kind and tender way.
You are not a “bad person”.
- Remind yourself that you made the best decision that you could under
the circumstances you faced. You have made an important and often
- Write your feelings down in a journal or talk to someone you feel
- Practice relaxation exercises to reduce stress.
- Ask yourself how you see a planned pregnancy in the future differently
from your current circumstances.
- Be kind to yourself. Allow your body to recover, your hormones to
return to a neutral state.
- Seek counseling if you feel especially troubled, or the above
strategies have not worked for you.