Woman's Health Centers

When Someone You Love Needs a Choice


Special Information for Minors

Minors (under the age of 18) must have the consent of their parent or legal guardian to obtain an abortion,


You may go to court to get a Judicial Bypass,


You may provide proof that you are married or have given birth to at least one child, which means that you are already an emancipated youth and no longer require parental consent.

If you are a married minor, you must bring your marriage certificate to your appointment.

If you have had a child, you must bring that child’s birth certificate to your appointment.

For Parental Consent: Your parent or guardian must be with you and sign a consent for termination in our clinic. Both you and your parent must bring a photo ID when you come in for your appointment. In addition, you will need to bring a copy of your birth certificate.

Judicial Bypass

If you do not wish, or feel that you cannot tell one of your parents about your pregnancy, or your desire to terminate the pregnancy, you have the right to talk to a judge about getting a court order that allows you to make your own decision. The judge will have to determine that; you are mature enough to make this decision, or that you are or have been a victim of child abuse or sexual abuse by a parent or guardian or that it would not be in your best interest to tell your parents.

  • The court process is free and confidential.
  • You have the right to legal representation.
  • The court must schedule the hearing within 48 hours.
  • You have a right to appeal the court’s decision.

In Florida, Free Legal assistance is available through the PATH Project. Call 1-877-352-7284.